Picture Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Picture Writers

Community and resources for picture book writers.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What publishing-related blogs do you recommend following?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenna Harris
Admin
Jenna Harris

What publishing-related blogs do you recommend following? Empty
PostSubject: What publishing-related blogs do you recommend following?   What publishing-related blogs do you recommend following? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 1:42 am

I just found another great one: kidlit.com. This is by Mary Kole, an associate agent at the Andrea Brown Literary Agency who also writes young adult and middle grade of her own.
Quote :
Hey writers! I know that writing and publishing can be confusing. Not only do you have to hone your writing craft in today’s market, you’ve also got to become savvy about the business end of things. I’d love to answer any questions you have.
The question I was originally researching that landed me on her blog (through a link from Harold Underdown's site no less) was: where do editors and agents drawn the line between necessary and unnecessary concerning illustration notes. I thought Mary Kole's weigh-in was particularly clear, concise and insightful.
Back to top Go down
https://picturewriters.forumotion.com
Darla Nagy

Darla Nagy

PostSubject: Re: What publishing-related blogs do you recommend following?   What publishing-related blogs do you recommend following? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 2:52 pm

Thank you for the link to Mary' Kole's blog about page breaks! I've read conflicting info on this subject but after reading her blog I'm going to go with page breaks on my PB manuscripts. It just makes sense!
Back to top Go down
Jenna Harris
Admin
Jenna Harris

PostSubject: Re: Page breaks in manuscripts   What publishing-related blogs do you recommend following? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 6:42 pm

Showing our intended page breaks makes a lot of sense to me too. If we're going to put all that work into creating great page turns, why on earth would we then hide them from the editor? It's not like the editor can't (or won't) change them later if desired.
Back to top Go down
https://picturewriters.forumotion.com
Stacy Marshall

PostSubject: page breaks   What publishing-related blogs do you recommend following? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 1:17 am

Thanks for the link to Mary Kole. I think adding page breaks to my manuscripts will not only have value for the reader, but will move me further into imaging what each page layout will look like, rather than the story as a whole.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What publishing-related blogs do you recommend following?   What publishing-related blogs do you recommend following? Empty

Back to top Go down

What publishing-related blogs do you recommend following?
Page 1 of 1